Top Reasons to Pick Hampton Roads
- Over 1.6 million people in Hampton Roads to serve as volunteers, sponsors and spectators
- 2,600 miles of shoreline to enjoy the beach, hiking, biking and more
- 96,000 students within twelve colleges and universities
- Ability for land or water sports
- Ability to assist with any size event
- An incredible amount of history, amenities and attractions, included but not limited to expansive shoreline and beaches, amusement/theme parks, museums, performing arts, festivals, sports, regional shopping malls and outlet centers, colonial cities and towns, and state and national parks.
- Great access to any state on East Coast – Over 60 percent of the population of the United States is within 750 miles of Hampton Roads
- Largest military presence in United States
- Large selection of award winning restaurants and bars
- Nationally ranked hospitals
- Top accommodations – Hotels have low costs in non-tourist season
- Two national airports which together average 228 flights a day
- Variety of venues to meet any need!
For additional information on Hampton Roads – please see Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance