FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hampton Roads Sports Commission Introduces Virginia Sports Summit
Norfolk, VA, December 6 – The Hampton Roads Sports Commission (HRSC) will host the inaugural Virginia Sports Summit, February 5 and 6, 2019 at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. The Virginia Sports Summit will connect sports organizations, Parks and Recreation, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, and businesses throughout the Commonwealth in an effort to enhance the sports tourism industry in Virginia.
The Virginia Sports Summit will feature local, regional, and national presenters. Featured national presenters include The Huddle Up Group, Sports Facilities Advisory, EventConnect, and the National Association of Sports Commissions. Local presenters will include Mike Glover of ECPI University, who will discuss the evolution, growth and future of eSports and Dr. Lamar Reams of Old Dominion University, who will be present on consumer behavior trends in the sports industry.
This two-day conference will begin at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, February 5 and will conclude Wednesday, February 6 with a keynote luncheon. See below for the tentative schedule:
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- 12:00pm // Opening General Session & Lunch – Best (& Worst!) Practices in Sports Tourism Marketing
- 1:30pm // Break
- 1:45pm// Session 1 – Sports Tourism Destination Development
- 2:45pm // Break
- 3:00pm // Session 2 – Use of Technology in Sports Event Management
- 4:00pm // Happy Hour & Networking
- 5:00pm // Dine around Norfolk
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- 8:00am // Breakfast & Networking
- 8:30am // General Session – Sports Tourism Industry Trends and Strategies
- 10:00am // Break
- 10:15am // Session 3A – Evolution, growth, and future of eSports
- 10:15am // Session 3B – Consumer Behavior Trends
- 11:15am // Break
- 11:30am // Session 4A – How destinations, universities, and conferences can become better partners on events.
- 11:30am // Session 4B – Generating new revenues through proactive business development
- 12:30pm // General Session & Lunch
The Virginia Sports Summit has received approval from Virginia Recreation and Park Society to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The CEUs are approved for CRPR and CPRE certifications.
Registration for the Virginia Sports Summit is open. Registration is $180 per person through December and $200 after December 31. You can register at www.VASportsSummit.com. Additionally, a room block is established at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. For more information about the Virginia Sports Summit, please visit www.VASportsSummit.com.
About Hampton Roads Sports Commission
The Hampton Roads Sports Commission was formed in 1999 by community leaders to foster city cohesiveness and enhance the economy, image, and quality of life for the region by attracting, creating, and hosting high-caliber sporting events. The Sports Commission has generated more than $227 million in economic impact for the region since its inception. For more on the Hampton Roads Sports Commission, visit www.hamptonroadssports.org.
Wes Hall, HRSC Executive Director
- 2020 (15)
- 2019 (17)
- 2018 (7)
- 2017 (16)
- 2016 (56)
- 2015 (22)
- 2014 (89)
- 2013 (228)
- 2012 (146)
- 2011 (5)
- 2010 (5)