Norfolk, VA, February 21, 2019 – The Hampton Roads Sports Commission (HRSC) recently announced the appointment of seven new members to its Board of Directors. The new board members will serve a one-year term.
Seven new board members added to the HRSC Board of Directors:
- Rick French, Associate Athletic Director for Operations, Old Dominion University
- Melody Webb, Senior Associate AD for Administration/SWA, Norfolk State University
- Tina Hill, Executive Director of Athletics, Virginia Wesleyan University
- Joel Rubin, CEO, Rubin Communications Group
- Matthew Simms, Executive Director, United States Collegiate Athletic Association
- Andy Ballard, Vice President – Operations, Eastern Sports Management
- Kurt Krause, President & CEO, VisitNorfolk
“The Hampton Roads Sports Commission enters 2019 with a renewed focus to provide greater impact on our community through sport,” said Wes Hall, Executive Director of the HRSC. “As such, our goal was to add impactful leaders from across Hampton Roads to our leadership team to continue our efforts to enhance the socio-economic impact of sports throughout our region.”
For more information on the HRSC, please visit www.hamptonroadssports.org.
About Hampton Roads Sports Commission
The Hampton Roads Sports Commission was formed in 1999 by community leaders to foster city cohesiveness and enhance the economy, image, and quality of life for the region by attracting, creating, and hosting high-caliber sporting events. The Sports Commission has generated more than $227 million in economic impact for the region since its inception. For more on the Hampton Roads Sports Commission, visit www.hamptonroadssports.org.
Wes Hall, HRSC Executive Director
- 2019 (17)
- 2018 (7)
- 2017 (16)
- 2016 (56)
- 2015 (22)
- 2014 (89)
- 2013 (228)
- 2012 (146)
- 2011 (5)
- 2010 (5)