SportsTalk 757's companion series entitled “Taking the Next Step: A Student-Athlete’s Journey from High School to College and Beyond” returns on Monday, March 8 at 5 p.m. to focus on softball. Part two of the series will feature some of the most experienced softball coaches in the region.
“Taking the Next Step” is a five-part webcast featuring subject matter experts from the 757 region who will expound on topics facing young student-athletes as they transition from high school to college. The series ultimately aims to answer pressing questions facing families with student-athletes (grades 9-12) who wish to better position themselves to participate in collegiate athletics and potentially obtain college scholarships. All other ages are also welcome and encouraged to attend.
Panelists and topics will include:
• Keith Parr, Head Softball Coach, Christopher Newport University – “Peak Mental Performance”
• Brandon Elliott, Head Softball Coach, Virginia Wesleyan University – “Traits of a Champion”
• Angela Nicholson, Head Softball Coach, Hampton University – “Player Development”
• Richard Nicholson, Assistant Softball Coach, Hampton University – “Showcasing Your Tools”
• Brittany Thornburg, Assistant AD and Head Varsity Softball Coach, Nansemond-Suffolk Academy – “Preparation for the Next Four Years”
• James Inzana, Head Softball Coach, Norfolk State University – “Standards of Academic Excellence”
• Rick Cox, SPEED by Rick Cox – “The Speed and Strength Development Continuum”
• Chris Anninos, Certified Physical Therapist, The Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters – “Total Arm Care”
To register for the softball Zoom webinar, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/.../reg.../WN__82ekR4aQoOaN0VrsPxMQQ.
January's first edition of "Taking the Next Step" focused on baseball and can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzpIh9qw2yk&t=163s.
As an affiliate of the Hampton Roads Chamber, the Hampton Roads Sports Commission is committed to strategically attracting, creating and hosting high caliber sports events, while fostering city cohesiveness and enhancing the economy, image and quality of life for the region.
The HRSC would like to thank corporate partners Optima Health, CHKD Sports Medicine, Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, Pepsi and TowneBank for their support of this program.
For more information on the HRSC, visit www.hamptonroadssports.org.
- 2021 (8)
- 2020 (17)
- 2019 (17)
- 2018 (7)
- 2017 (16)
- 2016 (56)
- 2015 (22)
- 2014 (89)
- 2013 (228)
- 2012 (146)
- 2011 (5)
- 2010 (5)