No matter the sport, there is a venue for it in Hampton Roads. Whether it involves sand, waves, fish or water - we've got that by the bucket full! To search our venues - Use the search feature to access our detailed facility inventory. To see a complete listing, read our facilities guide in PDF.
Bells Mill Park features footpaths through wetlands and meadows in open natural areas with elevated scenic views of Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River; Former Landfill with an environmental cap so no bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed. Additional parking available across the street in the Civic Center – West parking lot.
Bells Mill Trail – 2.5-mile circular running trail in park
Home of the 2018 Corporate Challenge 5k Run, Tug of War, Cornhole, and Field Day events!
This 90-acre site has 60 acres of open space with the remainder rows of reforested pine trees. Chesapeake City Park is the premier place in Chesapeake for entertainment!
- Dog Parks
- Fun Forest Playground
- Horseshoe, volleyball and basketball Courts
- Outdoor fitness area
- Section and Picnic Shelters
- Skate Park
- Robert G. "Buddy" Bagley Stage
- Walking trail
From business meetings to trade shows, receptions to galas, High School reunions to weddings, and sporting competitions to concerts, the Chesapeake Conference Center has done it! This venue is a premier, full-service banquet, conference, and meeting center that can handle any event from a casual gathering to black tie affair.
The Chesapeake Conference Center has supported their local athletes and competitions such as the AAU Junior Olympic Games, bringing sports enthusiasts from all over the globe to Chesapeake.
- 39,000 square feet of versatile function space with room for up to 200 exhibits
- High-speed Internet and Free Wi-Fi
- Award-winning culinary team
- Over 350 FREE parking spaces on site
- Area's best variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment within one mile of the Center
- A well trained, well-seasoned staff focused on making your event perfect
2017 Hero Games Venue
Compound CrossFit will host the CrossFit Challenge!
Compound Crossfit offers specialty classes, personal training, coaching, and small group sessions to help you get in the shape you want to be in. The CrossFit portion of the Hero Games will be a team competition (same gender) and all the weights will be possible for all levels of athletes.
Compound CrossFit offers:
- Olympic Lifting equipment
- Crossfit Games Advanced Training materials
- Boot Camp workout exercise equipment
Course Movements for the competition include:
- Bench press
- Air squat
- Slam ball
- Kettlebell swing
Outdoor adventures abound in the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge in Chesapeake, VA! It covers more than 112,000 acres of pristine forested wetlands and is home to Lake Drummond, the second largest natural lake in Virginia. This foreboding paradise has inspired writers and outdoor enthusiasts alike and is a must see for any Chesapeake visitor!
The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail is a former section of Virginia State Rt. 17, now a multi-use trail open to bicycling, walking, running/hiking, horseback riding, and boating. The north trail head is located at the intersection of Dominion Blvd. and Old Rt. 17 in Chesapeake, VA, and runs south 8.3 miles, adjacent to the Dismal Swamp Canal. The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail is an historic, environmental and outdoor recreation delight.
The Great Dismal Swamp offers:
- Miles of hiking (and biking) trails on the Dismal Town Boardwalk Trail, an elevated wooden walkway over the swamp
- A 4.5 mile Washington Ditch Trail to Lake Drummond
- Activities such as boating, kyaking and canoeing on the lake
- 11-Mile Paved Multiuse Trail
- Picnic Areas
- Horse Trails
Chesapeake community centers include a:
- Locker and shower facilities
- Health room
- Game room
- Meeting rooms
- Outdoor Playground
- Picnic Tables
Centers are open year-round and are used by:
- Private groups for birthday parties
- Wedding Receptions
- Wedding and baby showers
- Family reunions